Welcome

Welcome to my professional development blog for The Melbourne Graduate School of Education: Masters of Teaching. I also have another blog that I completed for my previous course; Bachelor of Business: Information and Knowledge Management which can be found in the interesting links box.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

CPE

I completed my CPE on Monday the 6th of June in one of the afternoon sessions.

While I was very worried about it before I got there, once I started my talk I was able to relax and I felt that it went over very well. I know that I have come a long way since the beginning of this course in regards to public speaking and presenting. Due to all of the practice I have had standing in front of classrooms filled with school children and delivering a lesson. My confidence is much higher than it used to be.
Another reason that I think I was able to do my CPE well was due to my knowledge of the topic. For my interventionist practice I used theroists that I was familar with from my first assignment for LTP, this helped with my confidence and in preparing for the presentation.

The basic outline for my CPE was:

An advanced student in a year 7 IT class at a middle class South-Eastern Secondary College. I used Vygotsky's theory of social constructivisum to promote growth and learning for my student. For the language side of the interventionist practice I looked into visual literacy and digital storytelling through the creation of storyboards and powerpoint animations.

For the intervention I felt that it was a success on a basic level as the student was able to have work to do through each lesson that kept them learning and was able to make progress with social interactions between himself and his peers which he sometimes found difficult.

The slides that I used for the Presentation have been added below.

Presentation Slides

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting Librarian

Roopa