Welcome

Welcome to my professional development blog for The Melbourne Graduate School of Education: Masters of Teaching. I also have another blog that I completed for my previous course; Bachelor of Business: Information and Knowledge Management which can be found in the interesting links box.

Monday, March 7, 2011

RSS Feeds and Content

Well, after working for almost 30 minutes I finally have a few working RSS feeds on my blog, working out which ones I wanted to add (what interests me and is beneficial to my professional development) and how I wanted them to look.

The Connecting Librarian feed that I have added I have been watching for sometime now, as I am interested more in becoming a teacher Librarian and not a straight out teacher I find that the blog has some interesting incites into the library world in which I already work.

Through the beginnings of my studies I have recognised that working in the library and teaching have many similarities. While in different settings, Libraries and the people that work there are seen to be care takers of knowledge and information for the public, and in doing so, at times must pass on and teach this information/knowledge to others when needed, much like teachers. This is one I am so enthusiastic about this degree; as I have already experienced many aspects of what is being discussed in my line of work.

For this blog on my professional development I am still a little at a loss of what to add. Page titles, subjects studied, professional practise, assignments, the list goes on. I believe that by the next class I will have had to decided on what pages to add and how I am going to organise my content. Until then, it is going to be a little messy.

1 comment:

Connecting Librarian

Roopa